4×4 and 33′s minimum. Body damage possible albeit avoidable.
Red Lake is a moderate 4×4 trail in the Western Sierra. The beautiful locale and rock crawling are a perfect getaway for a summer weekend.
We will leave Friday after work around 4:00pm and drive all the way in that night. Some members may drive in a day early as has been done before.
I will lead the weekend warriors in Friday night. We will camp all day Saturday at the lake and drive out sunday with a potential stop off at bald mountain which is a short wheeling trail.
Group meals and dutch oven cook out can be discussed as we get closer.
Well guys, the club has finally made the switch to a new restaurant.
On a go-forward basis, the monthly meetings will now be held at Lulus Restaurant, located at 16900 Roscoe Blvd, Van Nuys, CA 91406.
The new restaurant has a MUCH improved menu over Sizzlers, a separate meeting room and a television that we can use for demonstrations.
You can check out the restaurant’s website here:
Hope to see everyone there next month!
Magic Mountain Repeater (147.735/pl100)
Hauser Repeater (146.730/pl100)
Simplex (146.500)We will be having lunch (probably hot dogs and hamburgersWe will need trash bags and tool.
Here is a list of the recommended safety items:
- Roll bar or full cage or factory installed hard top.
- Functional parking brake or micro lock.
- Tow strap or rope (recommend rated at 2 times the vehicle weight).
- First aid kit.
- Jack capable of lifting the vehicle and a tool capable of removing lug nuts.
- Spare tire equal to or within 3 inches of existing tires on the vehicle (no temporary spares).
- Fire extinguisher with gauge indicating good/full, appropriately stored.
- Seat belts for all passengers.
- Antenna(s) must not exceed 4’6″, except when longer antennas are required by certain OHV areas.
- Adequate attachment points front and rear, i.e.. tow hooks, receiver, etc. Tow balls are not generally recommended.
- Battery hold downs (no bungee cords).
Here are some photos from last Year’s run at Rower Flats: